Author Topic: Single Click Windows Development Installer  (Read 23739 times)

bobla

• View Profile
Re: Single Click Windows Development Installer
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2015, 08:10:50 PM »
If FakePinProc is loading the game ok, but when connected you're even able to see that error message, I think your drivers are just fine.

Are you sure your P-ROC is powered and your USB cable is good?  You might want to try power cycling your P-ROC just for good measure and trying again.

Thanks for the swift reply.

Yes I'm sure that power and USB are good as the machine is running fine from another PC, I'm puzzled too as to why it would run fakepinproc but not the actual game I will try a different USB port and report back.

Do you think the errors in dependency walker don't matter?

MOcean

• P3 Developers
  • Michael Ocean
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2015, 10:47:57 PM »
I don't think the dependency walker results matter. If you run depends on the Working machine I'll bet you see some errors there too

MOcean

• P3 Developers
  • Michael Ocean
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2015, 04:07:28 PM »

I will try a different USB port and report back.
Any update on this?

Rosh

• P3 Developers
  • Josh Kugler
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2015, 11:38:41 AM »
I know on a mac, there can be an issue with the FTDI driver, since the one Apple now installs does not work and gets re-enabled on each boot up and has to then be disabled to the one we want gets used, although there is some way to permanently disable it).  Not sure if something like that can be an issue on windows. 

Since I am mentioning this here, and someone with similar issues might find this thread, here is the command on the mac to disable it.

sudo kextunload -bundle-id com.apple.driver.AppleUSBFTDI

MOcean

• P3 Developers
  • Michael Ocean
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2015, 02:22:57 PM »
I was seeing issues in class with some Macs and Arduino connectivity. I'm sure this is the same issue. Thanks Josh!

Rosh

• P3 Developers
  • Josh Kugler
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2015, 10:24:13 AM »
also make note, you have to re-issue that command after a reboot, there is a way to totally disable it, which you can likely use that command to google to then find it.  After I finished getting the new playfield in the cabinet, and went to go test using my laptop and could not connect to the p-roc and it took me a few minutes before I remembered about this.  Not like I use the laptop with the p-roc very often.

bobla

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2015, 01:18:02 PM »

I will try a different USB port and report back.
Any update on this?

Sorry got called away for work, on it again today and will let you know thanks

Spinape

• Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 06, 2016, 09:59:35 PM »
Hey Michael,

Having issues with your auto install, got this error:

does this update include the updated versions of PRDevice.cpp and PRHardware.cpp?

Thanks

Spinape

• Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2016, 05:57:47 PM »
tried to update to windows 10... still didnt work

Spinape

• Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2016, 08:32:51 PM »
Got it figured out, thanks for your hard work on this installer Michael!

The installer placed all the files into c:/p-roc/cmake/bin
Rather than c:/p-roc so I copied the contents over and it worked. I had to repeat this several times as the installer creates folders as it goes

MOcean

• P3 Developers
  • Michael Ocean
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2016, 05:01:12 PM »
Sorry I've been delinquent in checking the forum here!  Sorry to hear it was a headache but I'm glad you got it working.

I think I know the issue that's causing this behavior (it's a weird nsis behavior: if the first file you write is in a sub directory it seems to change the NSIS $instdir variable to resolve to that subdir instead of the one selected by the user). Point being, I know how to fix it and will soon. I suspect this only impacts people installing just the HD part, however I will fix it and post an update when it done.

Thanks!

Spinape

• Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2016, 09:10:43 PM »
Hey Michael,

No worries. At least I got it all figured out, I should mention the install also corrupted a registry File. It wouldn't allow me to open any .exe or .bat files. Luckily I was able to find info on how to fix it off the internet. I'm not even sure how that happened, but it was a pretty easy fix

rwsimpson

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2016, 04:44:52 PM »
I had same issue with the directory structure being wrong, as posted by user Spinape, and having to copy files back to the right directory, rerun, and repeat until all the errors were gone.   I did not have any issues with my registry.

Ross

MOcean

• P3 Developers
  • Michael Ocean
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2016, 07:51:14 PM »
Hi Ross,

Gah!  Sorry you had to go through that. I'll make sure that I update the default downloaded version to be the same one in this post: http://www.pinballcontrollers.com/forum/index.php?topic=1500.msg15320#msg15320 which fixes that issue.

If you need help, feel free to post here or reach out to Compy to get on the slack channel.

- Michael