Author Topic: Single Click Windows Development Installer  (Read 19810 times)

mshaker

• View Profile
Re: Single Click Windows Development Installer
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2014, 10:19:22 AM »

Compy;

Thank you very much for the Single Click Installer.

I received the following message in a pop-up at (what I hope was) the end of the installation process on my Win-7 64-bit machine.

"You have to run the 64-bit version of DPInst.exe on this machine"

Would you know how I can complete the installation from this point?

Thank you for your help!

- Mark

mshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2014, 01:00:01 PM »

Same as: http://www.pinballcontrollers.com/forum/index.php?topic=384.msg3040#msg3040

I download it from FTDI's Driver Page, but the installer completed without installing anything. (It said that the softwareit was not better than the software already on my system.)

- Mark

ironspider

• Wizard
  • Replay Design Studio
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2014, 10:54:29 AM »
I'm getting this error now as well, but on a Win 8.1 Intel machine (4770k Haswell CPU). And I just tested it on my work machine (Win7x64 Intel i7-2600) and got the same error.

MOcean

• P3 Developers
  • Michael Ocean
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2014, 11:02:49 AM »
Yeah, if it's a 64bit Windows, you need to manually install the 64-bit FTDI driver from the link, above.  Everything works thereafter.

ironspider

• Wizard
  • Replay Design Studio
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2014, 11:18:35 AM »
Yeah, if it's a 64bit Windows, you need to manually install the 64-bit FTDI driver from the link, above.  Everything works thereafter.

Gotcha, thanks!  So the rest of the automated installation is all correct though?  So we don't need to re-run the single-click installer after manually installing the FTDI driver (I guess I'm asking if the installer originally "stops" before installing 1005 of the goodies)?

MOcean

• P3 Developers
  • Michael Ocean
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2014, 11:22:17 AM »
Gotcha, thanks!  So the rest of the automated installation is all correct though?  So we don't need to re-run the single-click installer after manually installing the FTDI driver (I guess I'm asking if the installer originally "stops" before installing 1005 of the goodies)?

Typically: yes, you should be all set. 

I'll admit that I have, on rare occasion, seen the installer silently fail to install something early in the process, but continue to run.  Those failures have been unrelated to the FTDI install failing.  It's a problem that I've seen when 10-15 people are all trying to install the framework at the same time, in the same room, on wireless.  I blame it on network issues.  In my experience, usually just re-running the single click installer will fix it.

Seven11

• Wizard
    • View Profile
    • Skit-B Presents - Predator
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2014, 03:21:44 PM »
Getting this funky error, wondering if anyone has any advice. 

During beginning of installation, a dialog box appears that says, "Download libpinproc failed: Redirection (302)"

Any help would be appreciated, as the single-click installer has absolutely spoiled me :-)
See the progress with the custom Predator machine!
http://www.skitbpinball.com/

briancox

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2015, 11:22:49 PM »
Hi guys,

Has anyone found a solution to running this installer on a 64-bit machine? If so, could you post details?

I get the same problem everyone else seems to have that the FTDI drivers are not 64-bit...

But also because I'm Windows 10, some of the other stuff doesn't seem to work because the required compiler is no longer available.

Anyone have P-ROC running successfully on Windows 10? I so, can you share your experience?

Thanks!

Brian Cox

Prodd

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2015, 01:58:32 PM »
I've installed the software a time ago on a different PC and had to reinstall it about ten times. In the last run some lines in the dos-window were colored. After this everything worked fine.

When installing on a new PC I received again the error "No module named pinproc". Comparing to the old PC lots of folders in MinGW and P-ROC are missing. I've tried to copy these manually, but it didn't work. Is there a chance to load these folders manually or get the tool to install them?

Thanks!

MOcean

• P3 Developers
  • Michael Ocean
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2015, 05:49:03 PM »
I was working on a new installer again today, and was doing some investigation of the structure of Compy's old one-click installer.

The one-click uses a nsis network library to download certain files from the Internet: specifically Libpinproc, pypinproc and pyprocgame from github, and all the minGW stuff. Does this machine have a working network connection?

Prodd

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2015, 01:31:29 AM »
The first computer has LAN, the second WLAN, both with working network-connections. What's strange, that the result in the dos-windows varies (as far as I can see - is there a logfile?). Sometimes one or more colored lines appears (green, rarely purple) and once a steady window with horizontal "lines" (like "------").

I've tried again to copy the files from the working machine. Now the error changed to "DLL load failed". The last entry is file ..dmd\dmd.py, line 1, in <module> Import pinproc (if this helps).

Is there a list, what comes with the one-click-installer so that I could install everything by hand?

MOcean

• P3 Developers
  • Michael Ocean
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2015, 07:49:30 AM »
Check out my post, here:
http://www.pinballcontrollers.com/forum/index.php?topic=1340.msg14243#msg14243

There's a procedure and a file attachment in that post. Please let me know if it fixes it for you.

This won't help you if you're on a P3-ROC because it's based on the master branch and not dev. I'm working on a full replacement for the installer for both the proc and the p3roc now.

The first computer has LAN, the second WLAN, both with working network-connections. What's strange, that the result in the dos-windows varies (as far as I can see - is there a logfile?). Sometimes one or more colored lines appears (green, rarely purple) and once a steady window with horizontal "lines" (like "------").

I've tried again to copy the files from the working machine. Now the error changed to "DLL load failed". The last entry is file ..dmd\dmd.py, line 1, in <module> Import pinproc (if this helps).

Is there a list, what comes with the one-click-installer so that I could install everything by hand?

Prodd

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2015, 09:33:15 AM »
Thnks for your help  :)

I've uninstalled everything, went back to zero and started again with the one-click-installer. This time it took much longer so hope arised. Unfortunately too soon. So I went to your checklist: everything went fine until "Import piproc". So ran your nopinproc-fix (with no errors), but with "Import pinproc" there is still the error
"File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
Import Error: DLL load failed
When I compare both machines I count in the working pc 1948 files / 144 Folders and 1788 files / 127 Folders on the new machine.

BTW: I've got the P-ROC-board

MOcean

• P3 Developers
  • Michael Ocean
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2015, 09:47:26 AM »

"File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
Import Error: DLL load failed

What version of Python are you running?  Which windows OS and x86 or 64bit?

Is the pypinproc.pyd file in c:\Python26\Lib\site-packages (I think that's right. That's from memory)

Prodd

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2015, 03:42:31 AM »
Both systems are Win7/64bit. The new fix didn't work either - same problem.
In c:\Python26\Lib\site-packages I've got only pinproc.pyd, no pypinproc.pyd