Author Topic: Single Click Windows Development Installer  (Read 20343 times)

Jimmy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Single Click Windows Development Installer
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2013, 12:11:42 PM »
Just gotta say how nice this thing is.  Installed on two laptops with zero complications and I was up and running perfectly.  Thanks so much for throwing this all together for us!

Mission accomplished! Glad it worked for you, Kevin!

Let us know if you have any problems or questions in the future.

-- Jimmy

ironspider

• Wizard
  • Replay Design Studio
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2013, 09:47:47 AM »
Hi, I'm brand new to P-ROC and the whole custom pinball thing but I just want to confirm something: In several posts in this thread it makes reference to Compy's 1.1 toolkit installer.  I just ran the installer from the download link up in the first post and it says version 1.0 during the install.

Is this okay and correct? Or is there a more modern version somewhere other than the link in the original post?

Jimmy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2013, 11:15:35 AM »
You should be good! Sorry, I think the version number in the installer is a typo. It downloads the latest versions of the libraries anyway, so you should be good!

Thanks for bringing this up and making sure! I'll make sure future references are a bit more clear. :)

Snux

• Wizard
  • Mark Sunnucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2013, 02:51:17 AM »
Hi Compy,

We found one more thing that could do with a tweak for Windows folks.  When it's done, could you get

c:\python26\scripts

added to the Windows PATH variable?  'procgame.exe' hides in there, used for dmdconvert and other things.  It'll save time if your installer could take care of that, otherwise we should update the instructions to get it added manually..

thanks
Squid, Steven and Mark :)
F14 Tomcat - Second Sortie

ironspider

• Wizard
  • Replay Design Studio
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2013, 08:46:28 AM »
I noticed this too when I was trying to test my install by typing "procgame config" at the command line and nothing happened.  

I added it in Win7 (Windows XP is nearly identical) by:
  • right-clicking My Computer
  • selecting "Properties"
  • selecting "Advanced System Settings"
  • clicking "Environment Variables"
  • double-clicking "Path" from the "System Variables" box
  • scrolling to the end of the list and adding ";C:\Python26\Scripts" (without the quotes. The semicolon is the delimiter between entries [much like how you use commas or semicolons to add multiple recipients to an email])
  • Hit "OK" three times to get back to the desktop

Hi Compy,

We found one more thing that could do with a tweak for Windows folks.  When it's done, could you get

c:\python26\scripts

added to the Windows PATH variable?  'procgame.exe' hides in there, used for dmdconvert and other things.  It'll save time if your installer could take care of that, otherwise we should update the instructions to get it added manually..

thanks
Squid, Steven and Mark :)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 04:00:39 PM by ironspider »

Steven

• Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2013, 12:02:29 PM »
I used the installer today, but it can't see libpinproc for some reason and ends its installation. See picture. Any ideas?

Edit: I just found a topic with posts that could fix my problem, I'll try some of those (i.e. security settings) and let you know if it works.
http://www.pinballcontrollers.com/forum/index.php?topic=658.0

« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 05:55:05 AM by Steven »

Steven

• Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2013, 01:21:31 PM »
Updated windows, turned off the antivirus and in the end it worked well.

Gerry Stellenberg

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PinballControllers.com
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2013, 11:25:58 AM »
FYI - Somebody recently released an unauthorized copy of Nucore (p2k emulation system) under the 'pinbox' name.  In order to avoid confusion of the automated installers with that release, Compy changed the name of the installers to 'P-ROC tools'.

MOcean

• P3 Developers
  • Michael Ocean
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2013, 08:20:07 PM »
Just an FYI: I updated to Win 8.1 and my Python lost the ability to import procgame.  Rather than spend even a minute trying to figure out the minimum to reinstall, I just re-ran the one-click installer.  Thankfully, the one-click-installer brought everything back to happiness.  Thanks!

UltraPeepi

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2013, 01:12:12 AM »
I think I followed all of the instructions.  I am getting an error "R6034  An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly."

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235560%28v=vs.90%29.aspx
An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library without using a manifest. This is an unsupported way to load Visual C++ DLLs

I'm on Win8 64bit.  Help.

MOcean

• P3 Developers
  • Michael Ocean
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2013, 03:03:20 AM »

I think I followed all of the instructions.  I am getting an error "R6034  An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly."

Sounds like you're trying to run on Visual Pinball..? If so, that error message is normal and can be dismissed and the game will still run (though something else may be preventing it).

If not, please disregard.

UltraPeepi

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2013, 11:23:40 AM »
Yep.  I guess I should have said, "running under VP as Administrator".

I did dismiss this error, but received a series of addition popups.  I figured they were cascading errors, especially since the next one ended with "Permission denied".

Unexpected Python Error: Trackback...
File "C:\Python26\...policy.py", line 324, in _InvokeEx_
   return self._invokeex_(dispid, lcid, ...
File "C:\Python26\...policy.py", line 585, in _invokeex_
   return func(*args)
File "C:\Python26\...register_vpcom.py", line 112, in Run
   vp_game_map = yaml.load(open(vp_game_map_file, 'r'))
IOError: [Error 13] Permission denied: '/'.

I have vp_game_map.yaml in C:\P-ROC\shared\ folder.  But it doesn't look like it's finding my config.yaml.  Where does IT go.  I have it in the C:\PROC\shared\config folder - but that seems wrong.  The instructions said to edit config.yaml, but I didn't even have a config.yaml.  So I created one from the example in your post.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 12:07:14 PM by UltraPeepi »

UltraPeepi

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2013, 12:27:07 PM »
Nevermind.  Fricken notepad added a TXT extension to the config.yaml and vp_game_map.yaml.  It then HID the extension from me.  Finally I navigated in a cmd window and did a DIR.

ARRRRRG!!

UltraPeepi

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2013, 12:39:06 PM »
One last problem: my config.yaml didn't have font_path specified.  I added that, pointing it to /P-ROC/shared/dmd and viola JD is up and running.

I'm looking forward to playing with this.  :)

spootdev

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2013, 08:27:50 PM »
Nevermind.  Fricken notepad added a TXT extension to the config.yaml and vp_game_map.yaml.  It then HID the extension from me.  Finally I navigated in a cmd window and did a DIR.

ARRRRRG!!

Heh, got bit by the same thing not that long ago at work.  The person at MS that thought that was a good idea needs to be slapped.