Author Topic: 64-bit DPInst.exe Message  (Read 20514 times)

MOcean

• P3 Developers
  • Michael Ocean
    • View Profile
Re: 64-bit DPInst.exe Message
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2015, 08:25:10 AM »

Can you clarify exactly which option you had checked off when this error was generated?  Looks like it's not coping the files it needs in order to patch your pypinproc build with this particular combination of options checked off.

Also: you already have master installed I'm not sure how this plays out. I haven't tried that. I'd say try to install everything but Python and Pygame. Which is what you tried?  What was the error you got that time?

Also this prior install of master --is this with Python 2.6 or 2.7 (for MPF). This installer is for Python 2.6.

Tried installing but i already have the master branches. Need the DEV install for P3-ROC. Didn't work so i just selected to install the libpinproc etc and not the drivers or Python (as already have them). it got further but gave the attached error.
 Do i need to uninstall everything and do a clean install?

epotech

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2015, 08:57:11 AM »
libpinproc & pre-requisites checked

FTDI driver unchecked (already installed)
PyPinroc & pre-requisites checked
       python 2.6 unchecked (already installed)
PyprocGame unchecked

gives the above. with everything checked i get as below. I then continue and get a pypinproc failed at the end. As I say, worth uninstalling everything and starting from scratch?

MOcean

• P3 Developers
  • Michael Ocean
    • View Profile
64-bit DPInst.exe Message
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2015, 09:29:08 AM »

PyprocGame unchecked

gives the above. with everything checked i get as below. I then continue and get a pypinproc failed at the end. As I say, worth uninstalling everything and starting from scratch?

Let me check for bugs in the installer code. That error seems to imply certain files are not getting copied for some reason.

You could also try with everything checked. Edit: apologies. Now I see that's what the other error was. I have never seen that error before when trying to instal Python over an existing install.

You could try uninstalling Python then running again. Two sanity check questions:
1. You have sufficient space free on your c drive right?
2. When you run the installer, it asks for elevated privilege?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 09:37:45 AM by MOcean »

MOcean

• P3 Developers
  • Michael Ocean
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2015, 09:38:43 AM »
(I edited my response above. Sorry for the lack of reading comprehension the first time through!)

epotech

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2015, 11:02:22 AM »

PyprocGame unchecked

Let me check for bugs in the installer code. That error seems to imply certain files are not getting copied for some reason.

You could also try with everything checked. Edit: apologies. Now I see that's what the other error was. I have never seen that error before when trying to instal Python over an existing install.

You could try uninstalling Python then running again. Two sanity check questions:
1. You have sufficient space free on your c drive right?
2. When you run the installer, it asks for elevated privilege?

Thanks!

plenty of space. Running as admin gives the above errors too.

MOcean

• P3 Developers
  • Michael Ocean
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2015, 02:56:26 PM »
I have just posted an updated version (v1.01) that fixes the following issues:
* Installing PyPinProc without Python 2.6 will no longer generate those "file not found" errors (as long as Python 2.6 is the version installed!)
* No longer report a return code of 255 from the python installer as 'error' since it seems OK in my tests...
* Fixes a bug in build libpinproc that might cause it to not see the pinproc library (as built by the the libpinproc build step)

The download link has not changed. 

Hopefully this will be the last version before I add Visual Pinball and PyOSC/switch-client support.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 03:08:04 PM by MOcean »

epotech

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2015, 06:12:22 AM »
err, no with the new version. I have python 2.66, FTDI but it's looking for a folder P-ROC\scripts. the only script folder i can see is P-ROC\PIL\scripts?
This is with everything checked or just the changes checked as before.

I appreciate your help, wouldn't it have just been easier to merge the -dev into the master folder and keep using the original installer??!!!

MOcean

• P3 Developers
  • Michael Ocean
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2015, 07:20:45 AM »
I am unsure what's causing the installer's script files to not be copied into c:\p-roc\scripts and it's very weird that this has been working for others but not for you. Let's try to figure out why.  What version of windows are you running and is it 32 or 64 bit? 

As for just merging dev into master, that was our first thought, however it doesn't fix the DPInst  64 and cc1/zlib errors that had developed when running the old installer on a 64 bit machine.

Let's try to track this down further and in the worst case I can just email you the scripts. I'd love to figure out why this isn't working for you though, in case if happens to someone else, too. I'm off to ask google to see if there's any precedent for this.

- Michael

epotech

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2015, 07:44:55 AM »
32bit win7 python 2.6.6 p3-roc mpf

MOcean

• P3 Developers
  • Michael Ocean
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2015, 07:51:25 AM »

32bit win7 python 2.6.6 p3-roc mpf

I haven't installed on win7 32 yet myself but I was told it was working by someone who tested it. I'll make a win7/32 Virtual Machine asap for testing.

I was messaging with Brian on Friday night and he said that MPF requires 2.7 to be able to use a prebuilt pygame 1.9.2 binary, so figuring out how MPF users can make use of this is on the list.

In the meanwhile I'll send you a PM with something else to try.

epotech

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2015, 08:44:48 AM »
with the folders added...

as attached then it finishes with the same code 2 error.

MOcean

• P3 Developers
  • Michael Ocean
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2015, 08:58:46 AM »
The logging in the installer window is showing that it's skipping copying any of the files and yet there's clearly something wrong. I'll try to figure out why that's happening

MOcean

• P3 Developers
  • Michael Ocean
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2015, 12:54:09 PM »

epotech

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2015, 02:47:33 PM »
the same. It's something in mingw32 and pypinproc i think.

i tried a full install and also just installing libpinproc and pypinproc.

Actually think it's fixed P3-ROC anyway as i think it's the dev version of libpinproc needed. it's reporting the switches correctly now.

MOcean

• P3 Developers
  • Michael Ocean
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2015, 02:53:48 PM »
Alright, well I'm glad it's fixed your switch issue. I'll get a win7/32 VM going eventually and see if I can reproduce this.