Author Topic: re-theme questions  (Read 57 times)

Charlie Rose

• View Profile
re-theme questions
« on: June 29, 2017, 08:21:31 PM »
My project is a Jungle Lord re-theme with rules change and added functions like motors, switches and targets. I'm new to a journey like this but i figure like I've done most of my life is plunge head first into the build, see it through and learn something new along the way. I'm not a programmer by any stretch but, electrical and wiring/ building and fabricating is no problem.

#1 I've bought the P-Roc board but it didn't come with any diagrams for what is to be plugged into all the ports, is there one available that someone can give me a link to?   

#2 Based on what I'm doing, what hardware other than the p-roc should i need? ( currently i plan to use all the existing lighting plus adding maybe 20 or 30 RGB LED's a few added motors or targets but not too many, also a LCD display for scoring and GFX, I've got the sound covered.

thanks in advance.

Gerry Stellenberg

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • PinballControllers.com
Re: re-theme questions
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 11:31:46 AM »
#1 I've bought the P-Roc board but it didn't come with any diagrams for what is to be plugged into all the ports, is there one available that someone can give me a link to? 

The P-ROC documentation includes a detailed board spec with connector descriptions/pinouts and a connector mapping for systems the P-ROC directly supports (WPC, WPC-95, Stern Whitestar, Stern SAM): http://www.pinballcontrollers.com/index.php/products/p-roc/documentation

If you're using Mark's sys11 interface board, then refer to him for connection guidance.

#2 Based on what I'm doing, what hardware other than the p-roc should i need? ( currently i plan to use all the existing lighting plus adding maybe 20 or 30 RGB LED's a few added motors or targets but not too many, also a LCD display for scoring and GFX, I've got the sound covered.

You can add a PD-Master and then any additional driver boards you want (PD-16 for coils/motors, PD-LED for RGB LEDs, PD-8x8 for lamps), though that would be blazing new ground for software configuration.  You can absolutely do that; just be aware that you'd need to need to do some custom software configuration of the P-ROC (so that it acts like WPC for the sys-11 interface board but also enables and maps the custom features.

- Gerry

Charlie Rose

• View Profile
Re: re-theme questions
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 06:20:27 PM »
Thanks Gerry, I did order the driver board from Mark, with extra outputs, looking forward to digging in. i think all the hardware work will keep my busy for a while.