Author Topic: ESCAPE! A P-ROC pinball project.  (Read 398 times)

jim5six

• View Profile
ESCAPE! A P-ROC pinball project.
« on: November 03, 2016, 12:48:19 PM »
After reading about all the terrific custom built Pinball machines I have decided to take the plunge and build my own machine, besides it may be the only way I can afford something new anymore :?. Along with my two fellow enthusiasts User: Sliderpoint and Max (not currently a member) we are embarking on this together. I will try my best to keep this thread updated with the machine progress and hope to learn from all the "experts" hanging around here.

We completed work on the CNC machine and now I am able to cut playfields. I use Fusion 360 to do the design work and create the CAM file for cutting. I am starting with the lower third traditional "Italian layout" and will get that flipping to start.

I am using an AnTek power supply, the P-Roc system and a Raspberry Pi3 to drive it. We are developing the code using Mission Pinball Framework (MPF). I am in the process of getting the wiring done so that I can start flipping and think about the shots I want to create. We are using a mix of real world testing and Visual Pinball to create the layout for the table.

As far as the theme and the name "ESCAPE!":
This will be a game of survival. The object of the game will be to "save" the people (three balls, three lives) that are trapped in the House/Mansion/Trailer Park... Setting is not defined yet. We hope to create a eerie and tense game with the use of sound, lighting, art and physical attributes that work in tandem to overwhelm your senses to create exhilarating game play that both is scary and fun.

Thanks in advance for ALL the help we will need to see this through. This will be my first Pinball build and I am excited to see what we end up with.

Spinape

• Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: ESCAPE! A P-ROC pinball project.
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 12:37:53 AM »
Awesome! I love seeing new projects on here.  Keep it up